Re: "Patrick Draves" <Draves at worldnet_att.net>: native fish

OOOOOOKKKKKKKAAAAAAAYYYYYY...below is my two cents worth.

On Thu, 18 Jun 1998, robert a rice wrote:

> help folks.........

 NO! Check your state's laws first.  It's cheaper than paying a fine. :)

  Second,
are
> the=
> re any good internet resources
> to which I can turn?

The NFC web site is good.  Also try the North American Native Fishes
Association site at www.nanfa.org  it has numerous links and other info.
you can use.  Actually, both sites do...don't want to slight the NFC here.
:)

 Third, do they accept tankmates or should I just =
> keep a breeding pair alone (or
> even a single specimen)?

They are generally reasonable in a community setting, but remember
individual fishes temperments DO vary.  One may have the attitude of
'Daisy of Sunnybrook Farm' and the other could be 'Fishzilla'.  My
personal experience has shown that keeping a fish well fed is the key to
it's and fellow tank mates happiness.

Luke McClurg

 Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Keep
> =
> the faith.  Pat Draves.
>

> --------- End forwarded message ----------

> Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Follow-Ups: References: