Re: H. formosa

On Wed, 17 Jun 1998, Josh Wiegert wrote:

> :)  Yes, a well-fed fish is less likely to eat another fish, since hunting
> and attempting to catch the fish requires energy, and theres no point in
> expending energy doing this, if you're already fed.

To be really anal and picky I would have to disagree with you again.  Most
fishes take great delight in eating smaller ones unless their mouth is so full
they cannot squeeze another thing into it.  That is well beyond well fed.  I
only point that out as I think it is really really really unusual amongst fish
for adults to not eat juveniles and that only a really really really small
fraction of fishes, unless they get really really really hungry won't bother
the youngsters.

Hooroo

Peter J Unmack 			peter.unmack at asu_edu
DESERT FISHES RULE: To boldly thrive where no other fish can make it!

Australian desert fishes pages at http://ozdesertfish.base.org (don't
forget to visit the Desert Fishes Council pages too)
Native Fish Australia pages at http://www.nativefish.asn.au
North American Native Fishes Association at http://www.nanfa.org
Aquatic Conservation Network at http://www.acn.ca