Re: Keep it Simple etc.

Good points, Josh.

	To that end, lets just put it this way: anyone in need of clarification
on these issues may email me privately, and I will send an update of
procedure to them.

	For now it is obvious that the 'friendly post' method is not working,
not only for my time involvement, but others lack of participation even
at this simple level. To ask to be involved in the Breeders Program
should indicate at least SOME commitment to follow through, and since
anyone that is serious about it will do what needs to be done to protect
themselves and the program from potential problems, simply filling out
the correct eForm and sending it in (costs only your time, right?) to
the right address with the right subject line doesn't seem too much. The
alternative is using the regular snail mail, and of course the post
office requires an address and name for delivery purposes as well, and
it costs the members not only time, but postage too. Postage may not be
significant, but what is is that the guy that won't send in an eForm is
not likely to send in a paper form either, human nature being what it is
for most of us.

	So, we need it simple, yet accurate and well documented. Sounds like a
compromise is needed.
	I and the BPExec Team are working on it, and I will report the results
here when we have some procedures in place.

Herb

PS: I apologize for taking up the lists time with this, started off with
private email, but the 'PA system' seems to have a strong allure at
times. 'Preciate your patience.

Josh Wiegert wrote:

> Hey all.
>     Yes, I see good reason for making everything nice and legal, making
> sure theres third parties, and so on.  However, I strongly believe that as
> things get more and more copmlicated (applications only to this adress,
> must have this subject, this stuff to this addy, that stuff to this one,
> etc. etc.) less nad less people are going to want to get involved.
>     If too much "ritual" gets involved in donating fish, making a request
> for fish, joining a program, and so on, especially when the rules aren't
> put down readily, people aren't going to do it.  It becomes too much
> hassle for them to bother with.  Especially when you throw the L-word
> (legal) in there.  People start thinking that if theyd o it wrong, its not
> legal - i.e., illegal.  Maybe a bit of a stretch, but. . . .
>     Theres a reason why the simplest solution is usually the best.  People
> actually are willing to doi t.  By nature, people are lazy.  We like to do
> things simply.  We stick teh burrito in the nuke-box for 2 minutes, not
> one minute on this side, one on the other.  Yes, its a bit more work for
> the people in charge (Herb/Robert/etc.) to sift through e-mails and try to
> figure out whats what.
>     To that end, a good subject line is important.  However, making it
> requirements and so on becomes too much.  When you get into issues like a
> third party witenessing for tax purposes and so on, people are going to
> become hesitant to do anything. People are going to worry that they're
> going to just wind up making or getting trouble.
>     Lastly, please note that the NFC list is open to everyone, and not a
> healthy forum for political arguements.  Thats one of the minor reasons, I
> believe, that NFCexists, to avoid all these political arguements and so
> on.  I see nothing wrong with posting the results of an ongoing managerial
> debate, however, the debate shouldn't be held over the list. A dozen
> e-mails on one point about NFC to a person on list for Native Fish is
> going to chase them off, wheras they may have joined NFC given another few
> weeks.
>
> ><>
> J. L. Wiegert                            NFC at actwin_com List Admin
> Come Chat at SomeThing Fishy             To join: Send e-mail to
> Telnet to:                               nfc-request at actwin_com with
> Nexus.V-Wave.Com, port 7000              the command 's' in
>                                          the body.  To leave, use
> www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/2308  ''. Gads, why can't I turn off
>                                                     trivia?
>  Dubotchugh yIpummoH.                      bI'IQchugh Yivang!

Follow-Ups: References: