Re: Taking it to the store

Ooh, you want to be careful.  Local wildlife and parks officials might
have a field day with this one.  Check you local laws first.   Otherwise,
I think it's an excellenct idea myself.  I saw a display a couple of weeks
ago of these boxed sets containing those "triops" shrimps (I think) that
are found in the dessert.  You buy the setup and the eggs hatch and you
have strange looking shrimp in your tank.  If this can work, why won't
natives?  If the laws allow, give it a try...after all the worst that can
happen is it doesn't succeed.

Luke

On Mon, 8 Jun 1998, Herb Harris wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> 	I received an idea from a member recently, and thought I'd run it by
> the list to see whether anyone has done this before, and if so, the
> upside or downside of it. Sounds like a great idea, long as any
> legalities are taken care of.
>
> Quote:
>
> "- is going to one of the LFS in which I spend way too much time and way
> too much money and talking them into letting me come in on Saturday,
> stocking a tank with a representative native, and spend the day selling
> the fish, handing out information, generally spreading the news, all
> while giving them their normal profit on what fish do sell out of the
> native tank. After all, more LFS would sell native fish if they
> perceived a market for them and the market for them would develop if
> more people knew about them, i.e. if more LFS sold them."
>
> 	Anyone tried this?
>
> Herb

Follow-Ups: References: