Re: Fishes in the mail. Crawfishes, mollusk, waterbugs ....

Here's another idea.  Since we (the NFC as a whole) are trying to remove
non-native fishes from local waters, how's about inverts as well...i.e.
the dreaded Zebra Mussel?  I doubt that it could be scored the same as a
fish, but perhaps we could award points for every pound of mussels
removed?   How's that idea?

Luke McClurg

On Mon, 8 Jun 1998, Kudzu wrote:

> .......BTW I think invert discusussions are very appropriate for
> >the email list and I encourage folks with an interest to speak
> >up....................
>

> OK Speaking! I have thought of adding some mollusks to my tank. I found this
> site the other day and it was quite interesting to me. Lacks much in depth
> but it is the best I have found on the web so far. It is part of the Alabama
> Game and Fish site. This is for Alabama mussels but I found it interesting.
>
> http://www.dcnr.state.al.us/agfd/mussel.htm
>
> I have thought about trying to collect some Corbicula fluminea or Asian
> clams for my tank this summer the next time we go diving. I know they are
> filter feeders and I have no idea if my tank can support them or not. Then
> if they can, how many?
>
> Also, THANKS! for all the response to my previous post. I live on the
> Tennessee River near Huntsville, AL. If any members are in this area I would
> love to go on a collecting trip to learn a bit more about our native fish.
> Going to try to find a couple of the books recommended too.
>
> Jeff <*\\><
> "Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds
> on the heel that has crushed it" Mark Twain
> www.airnet.net/kudzu/ "Kudzu's Christian Clipart Collection"

Follow-Ups: References: