Re: Thread on Suckers

<< Maybe someone's not smart enough to know they graze on algae covered rocks.

hi
i don't know who you are but you have a strange way to answer people
questions.
i bet you took that remark i made about the suckers a little too personnal
mister i don't know who since you didn't even sign your name.
first of all i love suckers and i wouldn't try to keep them if i didn't like
them.
i have kept a 1 foot long white suckers in a 125 GA for 1 1/2 year and when i
would drop some nightcrawlers in the tank,it would take him a while to locate
them even when they were only 1/2 an inch from its mouth.
that is why i like to call them stupid.don't worry it is very hard to get a
fish  to feel insulted when you say something nasty to them.
on the other end i in no way think to know everything about what each native
likes to eat but let me tell you one thing,suckers will eat water
bugs,worms,grubs and almost anything edible laying on the bottom and not only
algea off rocks.(why do trout fishermen catch so many on sinking flies?)
why are they so numerous around my traps baited with cat food?
if you want to further discuss that with me,i think you should e-mail me
directly and leave the list alone and i will do the same.

regards

happy collecting to all

patrick
atlanta-GA-