Re: 100% death.

Hi Josh,

	Also, if the birds were affected by a slower acting pesticide or
environmental pollutant of any sort, and then died because they were too
weak to lift away from the water, their bodies could have released these
toxins into the water. Sort of a long shot, but possible. I'd think that
your Extension agent, or perhaps a nearby university may be able to
determine the cause. 'Course that route may require you to pay for a
soil sample test of the bottom mud. Cheapest is what Larry suggested,
but may not give you sure knowledge of the cause, just whether it is
still hanging around.