Re: Fish from Arkansas

>        The pertinent part is 37.03. I intended to collect from the wild, and
>raise the offspring. There's the snag. I could get a brood stock from
>another fish farm or fish dealer, but not from the wild. This applies to
>the offspring of the wild stock as I was told as well, which is the new
>wrinkle. Since these fish are not suitable to commercial capture, they
>aren't being raised by any other source that I know of, so no cigar.
>Sort a closed door on staring up with native domestically raised fish
>that are not already a part of the system.

Herb,

Ask if the brood stock can come from other, out of state sources such as
aquarists or scientists.  I have anecdotal evidence that such stock may be
available.  In other words, I've heard mention of people keeping this
species in captivity.  Also, it may be possible to import brood stock from
another state.  Ask about that.

Mark Binkley
Columbus Ohio USA          <))><
mbinkley at earthling_net

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach him
to use "the Net" and he won't bother you for weeks.