Re: Fish from Arkansas

Herb: you might want to ask them how it is that fish culture operations in AK can ship millions of domestically raised tuffies (fathead minnows) and not be in violation of the law.  Their answer may hold the key to the current difficulty.

Personally, I think that a Scientific Collection Permit is the way to go in order to get some brood stock into the NFC Breeder's Program.  I would like to suggest that I apply to the Arkansas officials for a Scientific Collection Permit, with you (Herb Harris) as a subpermittee doing the collecting. Arkansas officials would likely view this more favorably if the VT folks come through with my SCP for VT species, which of course means that VT officially recognizes both my credentials and the NFC Breeder Program's legitimacy.
---
Dwight D. Moody
P.O. Box 214
East Montpelier VT  05651-0214
802-476-0685 (home), 802-241-3482 (work)
One of the earliest Christian symbols was the fish
(Greek: icthys, which was an abbreviation for the Greek
words in the phrase: Jesus Christ, Son of God, Savior).
Thus, disciples could identify each other by their use
of the fish symbol, which continues to be used today.
Jonah was swallowed by a huge fish and remained
within it for three days and three nights. Afterwards,
he was "vomited" (literal translation) onto the beach
to go and minister to the people of Ninevah (Jonah 2:1-11).
While we often find references in aquarium books
concerning the first instances of fishkeeping
by humans, this appears to be the first instance
of humankeeping by a fish!

>Hi all,
>
>	Well the update is that someone else in enforcement has decided that
>any baitfish taken from public waters (including their offspring) can't
>be sold or otherwise exported out of state. Sorry guys. I am checking
>into getting a Scientific Collection Permit for the other members of the
>Breeders Club, but unless you are living in Arkansas, I can't send you
>any fish, once again, my apologies.
>	I will study the life history of the fish I find here, and perhaps that
>will be some consolation till the law can be administered in a way that
>reflects a greater recognition of the legitimacy of hobby aquarist.
>
>Herb
>o be used today.
Jonah was swallowed by a huge fish and remained
within it for three days and three nights. Afterwards,
he was "vomited" (literal translation) onto the beach
to go and minister to the people of Ninevah (Jonah 2:1-11).
While we often find references in aquarium books
concerning the first instances of fishkeeping
by humans, this appears to be the first instance
of humankeeping by a fish!

>Hi all,
>
>	Well the update is that someone else in enforcement has decided that
>any baitfish taken from public waters (including their offspring) can't
>be sold or otherwise exported out of state. Sorry guys. I am checking
>into getting a Scientific Collection Permit for the other members of the
>Breeders Club, but unless you are living in Arkansas, I can't send you
>any fish, once again, my apologies.
>	I will study the life history of the fish I find here, and perhaps that
>will be some consolation till the law can be administered in a way that
>reflects a greater recognition of the legitimacy of hobby aquarist.
>
>Herb
>vior).
Thus, disciples could identify each other by their use
of the fish symbol, which continues tid Farah Khan [SMTP:nfkhan at mailexcite_com]

http://www.mailexcite.com