Re: exotics continued

At 11:29 PM 5/24/98 -0400, you wrote:

>	 sorry, hit the wrong button, hate when that happens.   :)
>anyway, as I was saying Plecos. I have 6 at 3/4 " . At least I think thier
>Plecos, hard to tell at this size. Also, I collected some small sunny like
>fish with very dark bodies covered in green irridescent spots. Could an
>imature form of the cichlid, but I don't know. Well thats all for now, if
>these messages are too long tell me and I'll keep it shorter,  or try anyway.

Sounds like you may have some Bluespotted sunfish, Enneacanthus gloriosus.
These are a dwarf species.  Probably will require live food to start.
Chances are that's a hard, alkaline water population as well.  That should
make them easier to keep.  Nice fish.  I have collected them in Hialeah
along Okeechobee road.
Mark Binkley
mbinkley at earthling_net
Columbus Ohio USA