BOUNCE nanf at actwin_com: Non-member submission from [klaus.schoening at jungle_org (Segeberger)] (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 16:21:39 -0400 (EDT)
From: owner-nanf at actwin_com
To: owner-nanf at actwin_com
Subject: BOUNCE nanf at actwin_com:    Non-member submission from [klaus.schoening at jungle_org (Segeberger)]

>From jwiegert at nexus_v-wave.com  Fri May 22 16:21:36 1998
From: klaus.schoening at jungle_org (Segeberger)
Subject: "Art Trevethan" <art at reclaimtech_com>: NA Native Sunfish/Bluegills
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 16:22:28 GMT
To: nanf at actwin_com

 Bluegills though they are a regal fish are much less colorfull than
either the orangespotted or longear sunfish.   If you would consider
either of those, then I think you could have a stunning display.  The
orangespot would be more apt to leave the plants alone as they dig less.
 For minnows I would recommend southern redbellied dace as they look
absolutely stunning in a planted tank.  Way much better than fatheads.
There are may other very colorful minnows, but I have to say I am
partial to this dace because of its beauty and ease of maintenance.
Over black gravel both the orangespotted sunfish and the dace would
glow.

I can't say why your minnows died last year, but it may not have been
because of those black spots.  You can expect your fish to live a lot
longer than nine months though.  ]

What part of the country do you live in?

Klaus

-> I now have a 55 gal which i would like to set up as a mini pond.  I want
-> get the substrate, plants, and fish from my pond.  What i was thinking
-> was 2
-> bluegill and 4-6 minnows.  What do you think and do you have any
-> suggestions.

-> TIA

-> ART