blueheads (was Re: Where r u from ?)

Hi,
	Very easy to care for, take to flake quickly, tolerate a range of water
conditions, though they are a bit delicate as far as handling, and they
frighten easily, which causes them to dart around the tank for a while
till they settle down, and will then stay very still near the bottom
till the "danger" has past. They will try to jump a bit at first
immediately after capture, but after the first day in the holding tank
they stop trying to be escape artist. Water temp fluctuations while
transporting have been my only real problem with them.
	The breeding males do have that great big dorsal fin, actually the
pictures I have seen of them don't really do them justice - quite
attractive fish.

robert a rice wrote:

> Blue head shiners ...hmm interesting ! How do they do in the home aquaria
> ?
>
> On Thu, 14 May 1998 11:36:32 -0500 Herb Harris <top_side at geocities_com>
> writes:
> >Hi Robert,
> >       I haven't found any Cardinal Shiners so far around the local
> >20 mile
> >area I usually check out, but have found Blue Head in good numbers in
> >the Saline River drainage. Mostly I wind up with Emerald Shiners
> >though.
> >They are very abundant round here.

> Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Follow-Ups: References: