Fish source request

Dear NANFA list members;
Please allow me to introduce myself. I am a professional aquarist working as
curatorial consultant for the developers of the Oceanic AdventuresAquarium at
Newport, Kentucky. Most of you probably have not heard of us- yet! We are
presently well under construction and scheduled to open in May, 1999- one
year. The reason I am contacting this list is not to tell y'all where I'm
from, but to request sources for some of the freshwater species for our Ohio
River tributary exhibit, and  other smaller exhibits: turtles, amphibians,
bowfin, sunfish and Kentucky cave fish/salamanders. Otherwise, all of our
exhibits will feature salt and freshwater species from around the world. I
would be open to some suggestions of other species, but, barring
unavailability of certain species, the list is set for now and we do not have
the tanks for small species.
I am very interested in locating hatcheries of native fish and all other
sources, wholesale and retail. If any of you also know of large Amazon
catfish, pacus, cichlids, etc. or lionfish that have outgrown their homes, I
would also be interested. We are not yet ready to hold specimens and probably
will not be until September!
This is a serious request. Please send your replies directly to me, so the
nanf list does not become clogged. The group/species list for the Ohio river
tributary exhibit  is below:
Turtles
Sturgeons
Paddlefish
Gars
Ohio Muskellunge
Goldeye
Suckers
Channel catfish
Madtoms
Silversides
Shiners

We also want alligator snapping turtles
Once we have hired our senior managing curator (experience with large sharks
required), he/she will be hiring husbandry staff in the next few months.
Please do not call or e-mail. Send your resumes instead:
And do plan to visit us, when we are open. You will be impressed!
Bob Snodgrass
rotsnod at aol_com
11671 Tierra del Sur,
SD, CA 92130-2614