Re: NFC Chat on darters

On Mon, 4 May 1998, D. Martin Moore wrote:

> > I'd update to win95.
>
> Wait till June 25, when Windows 98 is SCHEDULED to hit the shelves.

I wonder if you buy win95 now if they would give you a discount on a
further upgrade though?

> news is it will use 90-130 Megs on your hard drive :-(  But it will
> also update your file system to FAT32, which will give you a lot of
> that space back :-)

It will only update disks to fat32 that have sufficient space on them free
for it to complete the operation (there may also be a minimum size limit
too, not sure though).  Win98 is also noticibly faster than win95.  For
most newer machines 130 megs is chicken feed anyway.  4 gig hard disks
only cost like $200 these days.  If you have an older machine you'd
probably need a new disk controller card too for ~$30.

Tootles
Peter Unmack

Follow-Ups: References: