Sarah Tester <sbt849s at nic_smsu.edu>: darters

Folks wanna help Sarah out here .....

From: Sarah Tester <sbt849s at nic_smsu.edu>
To: robertrice at juno_com
Subject: darters
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 00:07:59 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

I happened to read some of your postings about darters.  I am
looking to set up a fresh water tank with a few darters, but I
really am not sure on some of the basics with caring for them.
Most importantly, I know that some darters live in areas with
a medium current.  Is it important to set up some sort of power
head that will mimic a current, and if so, what kind of setup
is the best?  Also, what are the best temperature requirements
for some of types of darters (do I need some type of cooler to
bring the temperature down)? Finally, what kind of plant life
can I put in the tank with the darters?  If you have a quick
second, I would appreciate your help.

Thank you,

Sarah Tester
sbt849s at nic_smsu.edu

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]