From: mcclurg luke e     <mcclurgl at acc_wuacc.edu>
To: robert a rice <robertrice at juno_com>
Cc: darrowcs at sover_net, HOOVERJ at ex1_wes.army.mil, mcclurgl at washburn_edu
Subject: Re: (fwd) MORE CARDINAL SHINER COLLECTING PARTNERS
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 15:26:21 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 19 Mar 1998, robert a rice wrote:

> From: klaus.schoening at jungle_org (Segeberger)
> Subject: mcclurg luke e     <mcclurgl at acc_wuacc.edu>: Re: cardinal
> shiners
>
> Heh, i would love to collect with you.  I believe I saw cardinal
shiners
> in the Little buffalo River in Northern Arkansas when i collected there
> a few years ago with Friedrich Bitter and Chris Diaz. I could see them
> but i couldn't catch them, I hate to admit that. The stream just wasnt
> conducive to collecting fast minnows with a dipnet.  Kinda like trying
> to  catch Fundulus stellifer by yourself in the Conasauga, its a very
> difficult task, because the fish see you before you see them.
> Let me know as things firm up!
> Klaus

WOW!  I'm getting a real expedition going here!  This will be in October
as I said earlier.  It would be excellent if we could all assemble on a
specific day and "terrorize the locals" in a concerted effort.  We have
several months to get some semblance of organization to all of this.
(organization - we don't need no organization! :)  )

To anyone who might be interested as well, there is a fish hatchery below
Table Rock Dam for trout.  There is a nature center there that has
several
tanks of natives on display. (at least last time I was there)  If anyone
has the opportunity, this may be a good place to ask around for ideas on
collecting sites.  (or maybe not...I don't know...this pressure is
KILLING

Keep those e-mails coming!  (it's a little known fact that 'fishnerds'
love e-mails!)

Luke