"Jeff Fullerton" <tcmajorr at westol_com>: NANFA-- 2 &1 Makes 3 !

Robert Rice

" The Quality of a life is not measured in days it is measured in legacy
"
From: "Jeff Fullerton" <tcmajorr at westol_com>
To: <nanfa at aquaria_net>
Subject: NANFA-- 2 &1 Makes 3 !
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 16:01:06 -0500

Native Fish Enthusiasts

It was a delightful day at the pond today. Highs were in the 50s and the
fish were very active. The two Eastern Starheads were joined by the third
individual today which brings survivorship up to 100 percent ! I can
hardly
wait for warmer days when these will be joined by more of the second
batch
now holding in tanks in my herp / fish room.

Interesting observation noted : Fundulus escambiae seem to travel in
pairs.
Two of the three individuals are always in close proximity while the
remaining fish seems ostricised and usually solitary. I read about
similar
behavior in the closely related Northern Starhead - F. dispar.

Could it be possible that these fish are manogamous ?

Jeff
Association
/ nanfa at aquaria_net. To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help, send the
word
/ subscribe, unsubscribe, or help in the body (not subject) of an email
/ nanfa-request at aquaria_net.
/ For more information about NANFA, visit our web page,
http://www.nanfa.org

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]