"Ray Ravary, Jr." <rravary at provide_net>: fish collecting in florida/trading fish

Anyone out there interested in maintaining an extinct in the wild species
? Little to much long term for me

Dear Mr. Rice,=20

I got some fish from an auction last year, Xenoophorus captivus, the =
green goodied. The fish was collected and maintained by Dr. Miller at U =
of Michigan, and was passed onto Jim Langhammer the now retired curator =
of the Belle Isle Aquarium. The story is that this fish is extinct in =
the wild(the captivus name), and is only alive because of captive =
breeding by aquarists. They are supposedly native to ponds in the Mexico
=
City and disappeared due to urbanization and pollution. Atlas of =
Livebearers of the World, doesn't mention this. Baensches Atlas #2 =
mentions about the importance of reproduction in this species, but =
nothing else about extinction. (but if it is alive in captivity it can't
=
be extinct). The Belle Isle Aquarium mentions its rarity in its display =
( the same with its Lake Victorian collection). If you are intereste in =
trading for some dwarf sunfish  or killis that would be great. Also I =
will be done in Florida end of March beginning of April. I'll start out =
at a freinds near Disney, then stop at my folks in the Venice/Rotunda =
area, also we plan a day near   then a couple days near the Keys. I =
would like to collect some Goodieds, Killis, Dwarf Sunfish, and some =
saltwater corals and fish. Do you have any tips or favorite collection =
sites? If you are interested in trading or want to give me some =
collecting tips that would be great. E-mail me at rravary @ provide. net
=
or give me a call at 734-483-2360 mornings/early afternoons are best=20

Tanks!=20

------=_NextPart_000_0023_01BD3757.9AF56DA0

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Dear Mr. Rice, </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>I got some fish from an auction last
=
year,=20
Xenoophorus captivus, the green goodied. The fish was collected and =
maintained=20
by Dr. Miller at U of Michigan, and was passed onto Jim Langhammer the =
now=20
retired curator of the Belle Isle Aquarium. The story is that this fish =
is=20
extinct in the wild(the captivus name), and is only alive because of =
captive=20
breeding by aquarists. They are supposedly native to ponds in the Mexico
=
City=20
and disappeared due to urbanization and pollution. Atlas of Livebearers =
of the=20
World, doesn't mention this. Baensches Atlas #2 mentions about the =
importance of=20
reproduction in this species, but nothing else about extinction. (but if
=
it is=20
alive in captivity it can't be extinct). The Belle Isle Aquarium =
mentions its=20
rarity in its display ( the same with its Lake Victorian collection). If
=
you are=20
intereste in trading for some dwarf sunfish&nbsp; or killis that would =
be great.=20
Also I will be done in Florida end of March beginning of April. I'll =
start out=20
at a freinds near Disney, then stop at my folks in the Venice/Rotunda =
area, also=20
we plan a day near&nbsp;&nbsp; then a couple days near the Keys. I would
=
like to=20
collect some Goodieds, Killis, Dwarf Sunfish, and some saltwater corals =
and=20
fish. Do you have any tips or favorite collection sites? If you are =
interested=20
in trading or want to give me some collecting tips that would be great. =
E-mail=20
me at rravary @ provide. net or give me a call at 734-483-2360 =
mornings/early=20
afternoons are best&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 =
size=3D2>Tanks!&nbsp;</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0023_01BD3757.9AF56DA0--

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]