"Steve Gates" <swgates at worldnet_att.net>: Re: "Jeff Fullerton" Small Floating Heart (was The Eastern Starhead Topminnow)

From: "Steve Gates" <swgates at worldnet_att.net>
To: <nanf at actwin_com>
Subject: Re: "Jeff Fullerton" Small Floating Heart (was The Eastern
Starhead Topminnow)
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 21:44:25 -0600

I believe that I collected this plant last summer in Eastern Arkansas. It
is
growing, but not thriving, in a 30 gallon stream tank that I've set up
for
orangethroat darters that I collected from the same site.

It certainly resembles the banana plant--minus the bananas and with
pointed,
heart-shaped half-inch leaves--but I've been unable to find any
information
on it.  Any hints that you can give me to help it grow more robustly in
my
tank would be appreciated.

Currently, I have it potted in a small glass cup with a sand and kitty
litter substrate capped by a half-inch of gravel.  I've added a Jobe
plant
spike to the soil.  After 6 months, It has produced 6 floating leaves.