"Jeff Fullerton" <tcmajorr at westol_com>: NANFA-- Taillight Shiners

From: "Jeff Fullerton" <tcmajorr at westol_com>
To: <nanfa at aquaria_net>
Subject: NANFA-- Taillight Shiners
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 21:04:39 -0500

Dear Native Fish Enthusiasts
Has anyone out there ever had any experience with the Taillight Shiner -
Notropis maculatus ? According to McClane's Field Guide to Freshwater
Fishes - this fish is described as "the most common shiner in the natural
lakes of Florida". Well I've searched all over the place in both lakes
and
the blackwater streams that are also reputed to be the habitat of this
fish
and still come up empty.
Any advice on catching and keeping/breeding this fish will be appreciated
!

Jeff From PA
Association
/ nanfa at aquaria_net. To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help, send the
word
/ subscribe, unsubscribe, or help in the body (not subject) of an email
/ nanfa-request at aquaria_net.
/ For more information about NANFA, visit our web page,
http://www.nanfa.org