LawrenceT5 <LawrenceT5 at aol_com>: Re: Thinking about this............

From: LawrenceT5 <LawrenceT5 at aol_com>
To: nanf at actwin_com
Subject: Re: Thinking about this............
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 08:57:17 EST

Robert.....
re: captive propagation of endangered NA fish

NANFA should establish a formal relationship with the American Killifish
Association which has some overlap with NANFA in this regard.  Some AKA
members are keeping and breeding North American killies that are extinct
in
the wild.  I, for example, am keeping and breeding Cyprinadon Alverezi, a
pupfish which is no longer found in its original habitat.  I would also
like
to know what livebearers (outside of Gambusia) are considered threatned
or
endangered, since I see some of them come up in the local area every now
and
then.  I picked up a nice group of Xenotoca eiseni, the red-tail goodeid
and
have over 30 fry outgrowing a 20 gal tank.

<<** Larry **>>