peter.unmack at ASU_Edu: Re: NANFA-- (Fwd) Maine Takes Lead for Atlantic Salmon Protection

From: peter.unmack at ASU_Edu
To: nanfa at aquaria_net
Subject: Re: NANFA-- (Fwd) Maine Takes Lead for Atlantic Salmon
Protection
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 09:23:55 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 19 Dec 1997, Norman Dennis Edelen, Jr. wrote:

> Jay, keep your eyes open for Atlantic Salmon up your way.  I hear that
some
> have been collected recently around Puget Sound.  There is concern that
> breeding poplations may become established.  Kevin Aitken told me this.

Actually, there was a sea cage full of them being dragged along and the
cage broke and ~200000 or so were set free!  I think that is the source
of what you are referring to Norm.  It was only recently though I don't
remember much else except the company was being hit pretty hard.

Cheers

Peter J Unmack 			peter.unmack at asu_edu
DESERT FISHES RULE: To boldly thrive where no other fish can make it!

Australian desert fishes pages at http://ozdesertfish.base.org (don't
forget to visit the Desert Fishes Council pages too)
Native Fish Australia pages at http://www.nativefish.asn.au
North American Native Fishes Association at http://www.nanfa.org

Association
/ nanfa at aquaria_net. To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help, send the
word
/ subscribe, unsubscribe, or help in the body (not subject) of an email
/ nanfa-request at aquaria_net.
/ For more information about NANFA, visit our web page,
http://www.nanfa.org