	From:  ROBERHARDT at aol_com [SMTP:ROBERHARDT at aol_com]
	Sent:  Thursday, October 30, 1997 8:43 PM
	To:  nanfa at aquaria_net
	Cc:  nanf at actwin_com; HFINKELSTEIN at cerritos_edu
	Subject:  NANFA-- Heterandria/Gambusia

	In talking with the locals, it seems these two fish are not only
almost
	always found in different habitats...
	but in entirely different physical locations!

	Therefore, I believe the co-habitation I recently saw must be
highly unusual.

	Has anyone else seen this in the field?

	Hy, I think your study clearly indicates the dominance and
predator nature of
	Gambusia toward smaller
	fishes and especially fry!

	Regards,

	Rob

------
	/ This is the discussion list of the North American Native
Fishes Association
	/ nanfa at aquaria_net. To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help,
send the word
	/ subscribe, unsubscribe, or help in the body (not subject) of
an email to
	/ nanfa-request at aquaria_net.
/ For more information about NANFA, visit our web page,
http://www.nanfa.org