Forwarded message:
From:	KOSAREV at kapitza_ras.ru (E.L.Kosarev)
To:	acbauer at aol_com
Date: 97-10-30 05:16:18 EST

To: Michael Sheehan <mrmike at wwa_com>                     October 28, 1997
J.W. Smythe <abuse at rs_internic.net>
J. L. Wiegert <Acbauer at aol_com>
Adena Teague <ateague at mgsinc_com>
Hal Murray <murray at pa_dec.com>
Mark Stone <mstone at iii_com>

Dear Sirs,

Thank you very much that you have attract of our attention to the yesterday
case of Internet abuse crime ('bulk' e-mails) from the IP 209.27.10.11 site.

Of course we have NO connection with those criminal people.

Following the advice from Internic we have implemented the latest version
of SENDMAIL daemon where we did install the anti-RELAY MAIL defend.

I would be very much obliged to you if you can help us to test
if our newly installed SENDMAIL daemon actually refuse relays.

Please feel free to contact us if you detect another cases of
criminal abuse of our domain name.

Sincerely yours,
Dr E.L.Kosarev

Head for computing at the
P.L.Kapitza Institute for Physical Problems
Moscow 117334,
Russia

Tel. 7 (095) 137 1866
Fax: 7 (095) 938 2030