To heat or not to heat

I have been breeding Heterandria formosa all summer and fall, and now have
lots of fish of all sizes. Available information indicates that in nature,
this fish
breeds at about 70 degrees and higher from early spring through late summer.

So here is my question. Would it be best to let the aquarium temperature drop
into the 60s and give the females a rest this winter! Or should I keep the
temperature(and the spawning) in the 70s through the winter.

Does anyone have experience or advice with this fish!

Rob Erhardt