"Richard T. Carter" <75041.314 at compuserve_com>: NANFA-- Questions about Natives

From: "Richard T. Carter" <75041.314 at compuserve_com>
To: BlindCopyReceiver:;;;@compuserve.com;
Subject: NANFA-- Questions about Natives
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 17:40:00 -0400

I have been lurking on this list for about a month, and will soon be
moving into a more spacious apartment, where I can start keeping some
fish; needless to say, I'll be joining NANFA as soon as I have a
permanent mailing address.  In the meantime, I would like to ask a
couple of questions about keeping native fish, if I may:

1.  I hope to collect some local (Nebraska) species, especially
_Fundulus_ and the Orangethroated Darter.  What size tanks would be
required for these?

2.  What type of filtration/aeration is best for these?

3.  Also, are there NANFA members in this area?

TIA,  Dick Carter
Association
/ nanfa at aquaria_net. To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help, send the
word
/ subscribe, unsubscribe, or help in the body (not subject) of an email
/ nanfa-request at aquaria_net.
/ For more information about NANFA, visit our web page,
http://www.nanfa.org