DaveCyndy at aol_com: NANFA-- Hognose & white suckers

From: DaveCyndy at aol_com
To: nanfa at aquaria_net
Subject: NANFA-- Hognose & white suckers
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 16:39:44 -0400 (EDT)

I have a three relatively new(2 weeks) residents in my community tank, 2
hognose and 1 white sucker.  All are about 2.5" - 3" long.  I have a few
questions:

1) Feeding - All that they have eaten so far is live stuff(brine shrimp &
black
                    worms)  Will they accept prepared food eventually?
Do
they need
                    plant material in their diet?

2) I read that they can grow quite large.  Will they bother other
residents(shiners

   and daces) as they grow or will they remain peaceful?

3) Have the hognoses been spawned sucessfully?

Thanks
DAVE HOUGH
Association
/ nanfa at aquaria_net. To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help, send the
word
/ subscribe, unsubscribe, or help in the body (not subject) of an email
/ nanfa-request at aquaria_net.
/ For more information about NANFA, visit our web page,
http://www.nanfa.org