"Dwight D. Moody" <dwight.moody at mailexcite_com>: Re: Dave Littlehale <littled at cris_com>: NANFA-- Three items - ironcolor shiner, plants, pirate perch

From: "Dwight D. Moody" <dwight.moody at mailexcite_com>
To: "robert a rice" <robertrice at juno_com>
Subject: Re: Dave Littlehale <littled at cris_com>: NANFA-- Three items -
ironcolor shiner, plants, pirate perch
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 08:56:22 -0700

You need a MIME compliant mail reader to completely decode it.

--=_-=_-NGLHJHABKGHOAAAA

Dave: Question #1:I don't have the ironcolor shiner, but would certainly
like them
at some point.
Question #2: I have collected native anacharis, vallisineria, hornwort,
cambomba
and other plants, including willow moss (Fontinalis). Worked out great
and came with
a free supply of pond snails!
Question #3: Concerning the pirate perch, I would suspect that they would
spawn similarly
to yellow perch, i.e., in the spring over vegetation, as egg scatterers.
I would
match the lighting time to the seasonal photoperiod, use cold treatment
during the
winter, then feed like crazy in the spring as the water is allowed to
slowly warm
up. Use a large tank with lots of vegetation and watch the fish.  Females
should
swell with eggs then get thinner after spawning.  If you get them to
spawn, I would
remove the adults to another tank.  Good Luck!
---
P.O. Box 214, East Montpelier VT  05651-0214
For God so loved the world that he gave his
only Son, so that everyone who believes in
 him might not perish but might have eternal
life. For God did not send his Son into the
world to condemn the world, but that the world
might be saved through him. (John 3:16-17)

http://www.mailexcite.com
--=_-=_-NGLHJHABKGHOAAAA