Re: Fox snakes

On Sat, 30 Aug 1997 18:16:52 -0400 (EDT) Acbauer at aol_com writes:
>In a message dated 97-08-29 02:57:37 EDT, robertrice at juno_com (robert
>a rice)
>writes:
>
><<
> Does anyone know if they eat fire ants ? There is a colony of them
>near
> here that is a transplant and has done well for years and years so
>the
> locals say...
>  >>
>Inasmuch as Fox Snakes and Horned Toads are certainly not North
>American
>Native FISHes, I don't think it makes too much sence to contine this
>thread
>on the NANF/NANFA lists. :-)

Will discontinue the thread................

Horned Toads eat any ants, and I presume
>fire
>ants would be included in that.  You do seem to imply that you would
>be
>releasing horned toads to eat the Fire Ants... That seems a bit, well,
>foolish -- for a few reasons.

No I was just wondering on food supply avaliabilitys ec etc......Coastal
Florida is a Desert like enviroment and there is a colony two counties
over . I was interested in observing them......and keeping some

First and foremost, never realease exotics or
>domestic raised stocks.

DUHHHH :)

 The domestic raised stock may carry disease