dhalls at juno_com (Anne C Hall): NANFA-BOD-- 1998 meeting

From: dhalls at juno_com (Anne C Hall)
To: nanfa-bod at aquaria_net
Subject: NANFA-BOD-- 1998 meeting
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 12:30:25 -0700

Hi All,

While I would be open to either Alabama or Missouri (or any other
location for that matter)  for the 1998 NANFA gathering I can comment on
the possibility of St. Louis as a location.
When I lived in MO in the 80's we had what amounted to a regional
gathering in St. Louis and it was held in conjunction with the Aquarium
Society's gathering.   I set up and led a collecting trip for whoever was
interested... it was no big deal and no big expense. (An out of state
license cost around $4.00 a day)
I think it would be easy to organize a trip for members and others who
were interested there are lots of good collecting sites in
Missouri...they have lots of public accesses and you collect under bait
rules.
If we hold the gathering there I would be happy to lead a trip for those
who are interested.   I'm not sure what all the fuss is about but I do
know there are lots of areas and lots of varieties of fish to be
collected, photographed, observed, etc.

Dave Hall
/ This is the Board of Directors list of the North American Native Fishes
Association / nanfa-bod at aquaria_net. To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get
help, send the word / subscribe, unsubscribe, or help in the body (not
subject) of an email to / nanfa-bod-request at aquaria_net. / For more
information about NANFA, visit our web page, http://www.nanfa.org