HellerAP at aol_com: Re: Possible NANFA 98

From: HellerAP at aol_com
To: robertrice at juno_com
Subject: Re: Possible NANFA 98
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 14:07:35 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Robert:

The AKA National Convention will be in Syracuse N.Y. in 1998, sponsored
by
the Upstate New York Killifish Association.  It will be held on Memorial
Day
Weekend.  Go into AKA.ORG and you can get details on it.

If your convention is at another time, our local killifish group, SLAKA,
and
our local general aquarium club, MASI (Metro Aquarium Association of St.
Louis, Inc.) will be pleased to become involved.  I strongly recommend
contacting the Radisson Hotel, St. Louis Airport (Karen Baggot
ph.314-291-6700, or Henry VIII Hotel and Convention Center (Jay Dearing
ph.
314-731-3040).

We may also be able to help you set up a collecting trip to the Ozarks,
as we
did for the AKA Convention.

One area of concern:  There are two other fish conventions in St. Louis
in
1998, the national Guppy group and the International Chiclid Conference
(usually 600 entries and a huge number of people).  If you want, I can
check
out the dates on these meetings next week.  If you are interested in
collecting, I can set you up with some outstanding field biologists from
St.
Louis University and Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville.  They
know
the best locations in Missouri and Illinois, and will probably easily be
persuaded to go along, provided you limit your number of collectors at
each
site.

If you can get the right date and the right time of year, St. Louis could
be
a great place for your convention.  Let me know if I can provide further
information. (314-532-4210).

Talk to you soon.

Jack