bgcajun at juno_com (B. G. Granier, Jr.): NANFA-- Fundulus for research

From: bgcajun at juno_com (B. G. Granier, Jr.)
To: halpinp at ava_bcc.orst.edu
Cc: nanfa at aquaria_net
Subject: NANFA-- Fundulus for research
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 11:14:25 -0500

Hi Patti,

I have F. grandis, F. confluentus, F. olivaceus, F. euryzonus that are
not necessarily available in pairs, at this time. As far as I know, since
this is research not involving reproductive studies, that you could
accomplish your gas-exchange studies without needing both sexes, please
correct me if I'm wrong.

I have also contacted Ray Wollf, NANFA member, who has specimens of F.
luciae,
and he indicated that he would be willing to help with your project,
also.

With the current UPS strike currently going on, I am delaying any and all
shipments via the US Mail, because I don't place a lot of trust in their
capability of timely delivery of live fish at this time of increased
demand.

Perhaps some of the other NANFA members can assist in your acquiring the
other Fundulus species needed, excluding F. chrysotus, heteroclitus and
diaphanus) for your research, so I am cc'ing this to the NANFA list, as
well.

Regards,

BG

Association / nanfa at aquaria_net. To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help,
send the word / subscribe, unsubscribe, or help in the body (not subject)
of an email to / nanfa-request at aquaria_net. / For more information about
NANFA, visit our web page, http://www.nanfa.org