bgcajun at juno_com (B. G. Granier, Jr.): NANFA-- Live shipment of fish

From: bgcajun at juno_com (B. G. Granier, Jr.)
To: nanfa at aquaria_net
Subject: NANFA-- Live shipment of fish
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 11:38:02 -0500

Dear members,

Since the strike by the United Parcel Service is on-going, I have been
delaying all shipments of live fishes via the U.S. Postal Service. I feel
that the Post Office's services are adequate in the slack times of the
year, excluding holiday's, but have had recent delayed shipments even
before the U.P.S. strike !

Example: five days from Silver Springs, Maryland resulting in numerous
D.O.A.'s !

Example: four days from Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin; same result !

So, I would recommend that all shipper's reduce their mailings of live
fish, at least until the present situation with U.P.S. is resolved and
even then, wait for the back-logs to clear both the above-mentioned
provider's facilities.

Regards,  BG
Association / nanfa at aquaria_net. To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help,
send the word / subscribe, unsubscribe, or help in the body (not subject)
of an email to / nanfa-request at aquaria_net. / For more information about
NANFA, visit our web page, http://www.nanfa.org