"Jay DeLong" <jdelong at nwifc_wa.gov>: NANFA-- edible non-game fish

From: "Jay DeLong" <jdelong at nwifc_wa.gov>
To: nanfa at aquaria_net
Subject: NANFA-- edible non-game fish
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 21:10:26 +0000

The recent messages on creek chubs as game fish were fun to read.  I
recall fishing in Brush Creek in Southern Ohio when I was a kid of
about 15 and catching a large, beautiful male creek chub.  I had been
catching fish like longear sunfish, rock bass and spotted bass with a
small spinner.  I don't recall the fighting skills of the chub, but I
remember an older local gentleman calling down to me from a bridge he
had been watching me from.  He said that I should keep it because
large chubs were good to eat.  So I offered it to him, but he
declined.

Jay DeLong

Association
/ nanfa at aquaria_net. To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help, send the
word
/ subscribe, unsubscribe, or help in the body (not subject) of an email
/ nanfa-request at aquaria_net.
/ For more information about NANFA, visit our web page,
http://www.nanfa.org