Rainbow Dace?

My local PetSmart has had a tankfull of hardy, relatively plain minnows for
more than a month.  They are offered for sale as "Rainbow Dace."  I'm not
familiar with the species.  Does it really exist or is this just another
case of creative nomenclature?

From the shape of the fish, I could believe that it's a dace.  But its
almost complete lack of color makes describing it difficult.  There is a
hint of a bluish band similar to the band on a Southern Redbelly.  Other
than that, its color can only be described as slightly silverish.

Please advise if you're familiar with this fish.  If it really is a dace,
I'd like to see what cooler, faster water could do to its coloration.

Thanks.