"Jay DeLong" <jdelong at nwifc_wa.gov>: NANFA-- annual meeting update

From: "Jay DeLong" <jdelong at nwifc_wa.gov>
To: nanfa at aquaria_net
Subject: NANFA-- annual meeting update
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 08:30:30 +0000

I can tell you a little about the annual meeting.  Norm is the
coordinator, and I just spoke to him.

I've taken in $346 for raffle tickets and have sent it to Warren Lund,
Norm has taken in about $50-100 which he's spent on expenses, Garold
said he's got about $40, which I assume he'll send to Warren Lund.
So, I imagine that when all is said and done we will have sold about
500 tickets.  I still have about 50 unsold tickets, so please ask for
them if you want them.

It looks like there will be about 25 people at the meeting, and we
have these talks scheduled so far: John Bondhus- History of NANFA Ray
Katula-unknown topic; BG Granier-SE US killifish and minnows; Jay
DeLong-SC Blue Ridge Mtn Zone stream fish field observations; Dan
Logan-Native American fishing techniques in Klamath Lake, OR; Amy
Tarlow-Dos and Dont's of releasing fish; Jen Bayer-breeding NW
minnows; Joe Middleton-OR intertidal invertebrates; Lisa
Hayashi-Fishes of Hawaii; unknown person-something about salmon;
plus 1 or 2 others I can't remember.

We need more attendees!  The $30 registration fee is a bargain when
you consider what you're getting (evening social, great meal cooked by
Christine Logan, printed proceedings, naturalist-led tour of the Oak
Bottoms Preserve, 2 collecting trips, and free vegetables to throw at
the speaker of your choice!).

Of course, if you have to come from across the country like BG, John
and Ray, the $30 is nothing compared to the plane fare, car rental,
etc.

Jay DeLong
Association
/ nanfa at aquaria_net. To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help, send the
word
/ subscribe, unsubscribe, or help in the body (not subject) of an email
/ nanfa-request at aquaria_net.
/ For more information about NANFA, visit our web page,
http://www.nanfa.org