BG Granier - ATBGT <bg at te6000_otc.lsu.edu>: NANFA-- Re: your mail

From: BG Granier - ATBGT <bg at te6000_otc.lsu.edu>
To: "Garold W. Sneegas" <gsneegas at juno_com>
Cc: nanfa at aquaria_net
Subject: NANFA-- Re: your mail
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 14:10:53 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Garold,

I use an aluminum screen to cover the containers of fish at Maureen Creek

(my yard) and have seen no ill effects on the fish. The screen units keep

the leaves and frogs out of the containers and also keep the jumper fish
in the water where they belong. Now, it rains on these screens also, but
still no obvious effects.

If the aluminum is new though, I would wash it with soapy water and rinse

well to remove any traces of oil from it before use.

BG

On Wed, 18 Jun 1997, Garold W. Sneegas wrote:

> I am in the process of constructing an aquarium which will somewhat
model
> a stream environment. I am wanting to construct a backdrop of a cut
> stream bank and am wanting to use an aluminum expanded lath to support
> small gravel.
>
> Does anyone of know if any potential problems with submerging aluminum
in
> an aquarium? I,ve noticed a lot of fish hanging around empty beer cans
in
> some of the streams I've been in.
>
> Garold

Association
http://www.nanfa.org

Association
/ nanfa at aquaria_net. To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help, send the
word
/ subscribe, unsubscribe, or help in the body (not subject) of an email
/ nanfa-request at aquaria_net.
/ For more information about NANFA, visit our web page,
http://www.nanfa.org