gsneegas at juno_com (Garold W. Sneegas): NANFA-- Re: Kansas collecting trip

From: gsneegas at juno_com (Garold W. Sneegas)
To: nanfa at aquaria_net
Subject: NANFA-- Re: Kansas collecting trip
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 22:30:28 EDT

On June 21st we are going on a collecting trip within a 1or 2 hour drive
from Topeka and Lawrence KS. One of the possible sites is a creek where
Gilbert  collected and described the Topeka shiner in the early 1880's.
After over 100 years of urban growth and channelization the habitat is no
longer suitable for the Topeka shiner but we thought it may be
interesting to see what has adapted to present stream conditions.

Several other streams are also under consideration.

If any NANFA member wants to join in drop me a line for more information.

Regards,
Garold W. Sneegas  <*)))><
gsneegas at juno_com
Association / nanfa at aquaria_net. To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help,
send the word / subscribe, unsubscribe, or help in the body (not subject)
of an email to / nanfa-request at aquaria_net. / For more information about
NANFA, visit our web page, http://www.nanfa.org