Re: American Eels

I have a 16" Florida Glass Eel in my 135 Gallon tank with some Severums. He
lives under the UGF. He swims in and out through the holes for it. In his
old home, a 55 gallon, he would bury himself in the gravel. I only saw him
about once or twice a month (but you could see the gravel move like Bugs
Bunny). I liked this because he keep the gravel stirred up enough that you
didn't have to vacuum it. With him stirring it up continually, the filters
removed it.

I never have had a problem with him trying to escape. The 135 G is
completely open on top. He eats pellets and I give him about a half dozen
goldfish once or twice a month. He comes to the surface to eat.

Regards
Mark Barnett
Fish Link Central
http://www.fishlinkcentral.com/