"Norman D. Edelen, Jr. and Lisa A. Hayashi" <normane at hevanet_com>: NANFA--K. Schmidt: Topeka Shiner

WE NEED INDIVIDUALS TO BREED SPECIES THAT ARE SOON TO BE THREATENED OR
ENDANGERED SERIOUS AQUARIST ONLY PLEASE.......

Subject: NANFA--K. Schmidt: Topeka Shiner
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 17:24:16 -0800

From: Hal Schmidt <Harold.J.Schmidt-1 at tc_umn.edu>
To: normane at hevanet_com
Subject: RE: NANFA--R. Rice: Topeka Shiner
Date: Tuesday, April 01, 1997 3:59 AM

To the NANFA group:

Jay Hatch(University of MN) and I are planning a life history study of
Topeka shiners beginning this spring. We should be able to acquire
"brood"
stock, but it will likely be in a sporadic dozen here and there. Ray
Katula

(Genoa, WI) is currently raising about 2 dozen for culture purposes. It
may

be wise to jump on this ASAP to get any captive specimens grandfathered
in
before listing occurrs. After that, the redtape could be a nightmare.

Konrad