Re: Position Statemnt...

Robert,
Do we want to send this position paper to every state?  Some states (e.g.
Tennessee and Pennsylvania) have, as Rob Criswell pointed out, very liberal
laws for taking non-game species.  Should we consider a different paper for
these states or. perhaps, a cover letter thanking the state game and fish
people for their liberal stance, together with hoping they will consider us
in future regulations?

A Tennessee resident fishing license costs about $20.  I wouldn't really
object to another $20 for a collector's license, if that money were spent on
non-game and/or endangered species, but I'd hate to jeopardize this lack of
regulation.

Just a thought...

Mike Whitfield