[Prev][Next][Index]

Pass on to the group...collecting report

Just got back from a all day bridge jumping collecting tour of the
Florida Panhandle with Fisheries personell Gray Bass. It was a long
pleasant day...We collected for ovr an hour in the evergladi rich swamps
of the Alabama Florda border...Over 30 evergladi were procurred , a score
of L. Omata was added to the mix the water level was extremely high! In a
variety of spots we collected swamp darters, blackbanded darters, gulf
darters lined topminnow,dollar sunfish (2), a 1 inch redfin pickeral,
some rough shiners, filled up the batch...Gray was extremly excited
because he had been looking for swamp and gulf darters for a couple of
years....So to the pickle jar most of those went.....SO anyone else out
there doing any collecting?