[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Trading Post....

On Thu, 20 Feb 1997 19:07:13 PST, robert a rice wrote:

>Heteranda Formosa, Poecillia latipinna, Gambusia affinus, Ethestoma swaini, Ellesoma zonatum, grindle worm , vinegar eel,  hornwort, cabomba and
>java moss starters.Want Ellasoma species, Etheistoma blenoides, E.
>Spectabile, Ennecathus sunfish, others

If I must endure these postings, let's at least get the spelling right
on some of the stuff.  This is a shame.

Just to correct a few of them:  Enneacanthus, Etheostoma, Elassoma,
Heterandria are the proper spellings for the genera.  Many of the
species are spelled wrong as well.

There are many more errors on spelling in this list, I just picked one
at random.  Also, when writing a scientific name, species is _NEVER_ in
capatal letters.  _Elassoma zonatum_ is the form it should be in, for
example.  Also, the "underscore" before and after the Genus and Species
denotes that the word is usually underlined (or italicized).

Rod

Rodney W. Harper
Grand Bay, Alabama  USA
http://home1.gte.net/rwharper