[Prev][Next][Index]

vbrach at juno_com (Vince Brach): Re: tforsythe at tcmail_frco.com: Texas Natives

From: vbrach at juno_com (Vince Brach)
To: robertrice at juno_com
Cc: normane at hevanet_com, vbrach at juno_com
Subject: Re: tforsythe at tcmail_frco.com: Texas Natives
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 1997 10:25:52 EST

I write mostly about Texas natives in FAMA in my column "The Dipnetter,"
since I live in Tyler and have to travel pretty far to get out of Texas.
Call Dr. Clark Hubbs at the University of Texas at Austin Zoology Dept.
and request a copy of his 1991 "Annotated Checklist of the Freshwater
Fishes of Texas, with Keys to the Identification of Species."  Explain
that you are a serious amateur and NANFA member--he's a very nice person
and will probably be glad to help you.

Please keep in touch with me if you travel very far south or west on your
collecting trips.  I like to feature writeups dealing with the
experiences of collectors in other parts of the country.

~Vince Brach, Ph.D.~