[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: collecting in FL

A note on possible recent changes to the Florida collecting laws.  A few
months back, I received my second warning about using a seign in enclosed
water in Florida.  The first time, I supposed that my seign was too big (25ft
bag seign).  This time, I was using a 6ft. seign.  Being threatened of
seizure of my property, I left the area.  I had a scientific collecting
permit for the state of Florida, but much to my grief it was two-weeks
expired.

Escaping another run-in with those friendly Florida DNR types, I made safe
passage to Alabama (where games wardens are figments of myth and legend).

I would really like to hear, prefereably from a supervisor in the DNR, the
rules on using a seign in the Sunshine State.

Regards,

Rod