[Prev][Next][Index]

Natives in-store in Chicago

I certainly haven't visited every aquarium store in the Chicago area, but
yesterday for the first time I found native fish in one.
Sea Shell Pet Shop
9235 Skokie Blvd.
Skokie, IL. (a northwestern suburb of Chicago)
847-675-3474

They had perch, bluegill and some juvenile muskie, all obtained from
hatcheries, I was told. I'm not sure what constitutes a "fair" price for
these fish, but I felt that they were a bit high. If memory serves, the
perch were $22.89 each and the muskie about $17.89 each.
They have an impressive selection of freshwater and saltwater fish,
plants, and invertebrates, even a shark tank (who buys nurse sharks?).
Everything was clean and well cared-for. I would call them one of the
three or so best aquarium stores in northeastern Illinois, in my limited
experience. In general,
their prices were on the higher side.
Of course I am unaffiliated with them...Nick G.