NFC: round goby

Well I quess I learned something then again maybe not,sound old don't I.Went
out yesterday caught a small group of yellow perch, among them where gobies.
The condition of the gobies was fat and healthy looking, the perch looked
very wasted and hollow bellied.The perch ran about 1.5 to 2.5 inches in
length ,they're color was good to pale, eyes were clear . I found no signs
of problems other than one deformity,just hollow bellied. The aggressive and
hog like nature of the round gobie makes it rough on perch when it comes to
forgeing for food.I believe its a stage where the young are changeing on the
food chain, the perch loose out to the gobbies at this level and size.

    Ron

multipart/related
  multipart/alternative
    text/html