Re: NFC: A Yearly Tragidy

Wouldn't it be nice if people just picked up after themselves.. Basically
took their trash with them?

I hate to solve problems with legislation, and I know this has been said
before.

But as far as trash, fishing line and that sort, sometimes the situations
make getting discarded stuff impossible.  So, making an effort for stuff not
to blow away, or do one's best to break a line at the leader would be one of
many helpful TRASH handling lessons :)

Here in Florida, a common sight is a baggie(bait smeared or bait still in),
paper bags and other bottles (beer mostly), and strewn about bait left there
after they're done fishing.  Fishing line is found along the low water mark,
and sometimes just bundled in a mess, and left... People, could at least cut
half of this trash by just picking it up and taking it with them.  Perhaps
along with catch and release there should be a campaign of CATCH AND KEEP :)

Although, we do have various clean ups going on around here too.  (clean ups
in areas would be a great "NFC sponsored event... hint hint.)
Anyway, it seems to me applied education, a sense of trash ethics, and an
instilled sense of preservation would better serve than more rules.   It's
impossible to police everything, but it would be a great help if we policed
ourselves (mankind).

Paul

Sachs Systems Aquaculture
1185 Thompson Bailey Road