NFC: Fw: stocking nature center tanks

Robert Rice - NFC president   www.nativefish.org

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "Michael Tucker" <michael.tucker at metroparks_com>
To: <president at nativefish_org>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 10:34:03 -0500
Subject: stocking nature center tanks

Hello, my name is Mike Tucker.  I'm one of the naturalists here at the
Kensington Nature Center in southeast Michigan.  I'm having trouble
locating sources for certain native species for our fish tanks.  We have
two 30 gallon tanks, and a 70 gallon tank.  What I would like to
represent are not only some of the sport fish that people might catch in
nearby Kent Lake, but also some non-game species such as shiners, and
sculpins.  Finding sources for game fish has been fairly easy, but I'm
having a real problem finding nearby sources for the non-game species.
We have collected our own in the past with limited success, but I would
prefer to buy from a breeder if possible.  Do you have any suggestions?
Whatever ideas you have would be appreciated.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---