From: nfc at actwin_com
Date: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 05:52:31 AM
To: nfc at actwin_com
Subject: Re: NFC: longear breeding

Hi Arlus
the larger the tank the better, handle much like
cichlids, frequent moderate water changes, LOTS of
live
foods, feed them up well and it will be hard for them
not to spawn, no other fish in the tank, they'll get
hammered. Often the male will hammer the female after
spawning , watch for that, I used a 55 with ugf, deep
sand bed and a lot of giant val. 16 hrs light sounds
about right, I never looked into that, used window
tanks and they had a bit more then that of overhead
light.
enjoy,
jake